An Initial Stem Cell Research Application should be submitted when you are planning to conduct any of the following types of research:
- Derivation of new human embryonic stem cell lines
- In vitro research using previously existing human embryonic stem cell lines
- Introduction of human embryonic stem cells or their derivatives into non-human animals at any stage of development
- Introduction of human embryonic stem cells or their derivatives into humans
- Research in which personally identifiable information about the donors of the blastocysts, gametes, or somatic cells from which the human embryonic stem cells were derived is linked to the cell lines (e.g. a code is maintained in which donors may be linked to the cell line).